Fairway Market opened its newest location in Brooklyn, N.Y.’s Georgetown neighborhood. The store features a new look and layout with a retro warehouse vibe while maintaining the product quality and selection the company is known for.
The new store design with wider aisles and new signage allows space for 60,000 items – three times more than a typical supermarket – and includes natural and organic products, specialty and gourmet item and a range of prepared foods. The Georgetown store also features hundreds of locally sourced products and a large kosher selection, including a full kosher bakery.
“With the opening of our second Brooklyn location, and a strong outlook on the future, Fairway looks forward to further providing the best food and best shopping experience for New Yorkers,” said Jack Murphy, CEO of Fairway Group Holdings Corp.
Other store features include:
- Fresh juice and smoothie bar at the front entrance.
- A pizza bar serving fresh pies made to order.
- Freshly pulled mozzarella station.
- Seating area for shoppers consuming ready-to-eat meal options on site, including its rotisserie chicken station, a chopped salad and hot bar, pizzas and homemade soups.
- One of the largest and most extensive selections of bulk foods out of all the Fairway locations.
- A new design of Fairway’s signature olive oil section to allow sampling of imported oils from around the world.
- An extensive coffee section.
- Fairway favorites such as fresh-baked breads, hand-sliced smoked salmon, a full-service butcher shop and made-to-order chopped salads.